Very simple and yet very delicious. This dish has everything that a good quality dinner has to have – meat that contains proteins and vegetables that contain vitamins. It is done in less than an hour, and it goes very well with mashed potatoes.
I prefer making dishes, where I don’t have to think, what kind of side dish goes well with it. Mashed potatoes go well with everything that contains sauce in it. Since we eat a lot of vegetables and prefer eating salads, the best thing is that you don’t have to bother with making the salad, because this dish contains a lot of healthy vegetables.
Beef with Peas
- 400 grams beef neck (14 oz)cut into small chunks
- 1 large onion chopped
- 50 grams celery root (1/2 cup, 1.8 oz) peeled and diced
- 1 carrot chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste diluted in 80 ml (1/3 cup) water
- 600 grams frozen peas (4 cups, 21.2 oz)
- 2 tablespoon chopped parsley leaves
- 250 ml beef stock (1 cup, 8.45 fl oz) or water
- 6 tablespoons olive oil divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, heat 3 tablespoons olive oil, add beef chunks, and cook for few minutes until brown on every side.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, heat olive oil, add chopped onion and saute for 5 minutes, add chopped carrot and diced celery and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Then add the meat to vegetables, add diluted tomato paste, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add frozen peas, pour beef broth (or water) and cook until meat is soft.
- Add chopped parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve warm with mashed potatoes.