I know that there is really a lot recipes for Strawberry Sauce, and that in fact all the them have same ingredients, there’s only small variations in the amount of these ingredients. But, since I’ve posted my recipe for Cream Cheese Waffles with this same Strawberry sauce, so why not to share this recipe with you.
- 2 cups (250 g, 8.8 oz) fresh strawberries, diced
- 2–3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch + 1/2 tablespoon water ( optional, if you want your sauce thicker: * See: Notes)
- Combine strawberries, sugar, orange juice and vanilla extract in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to a gentle simmer, stirring occasionally. until the strawberries are soft and the syrup is thickened and reduced by 1/3 in volume, approximately 15-20 minutes.