We love Tartar Sauce, it goes especially well with fried fish, fried chicken ( beer battered fried chicken tenders with Tartar sauce – yummy!!), french fries, or any kind of baked potatoes. I make it really often at home since it’s our favorite dip. It is SO MUCH better than store-bought sauce, I really tried many brands and no one can compare with this.
My secret ingredient is 1 tablespoon of white wine. White wine gives a special flavor to the sauce, although it can be replaced with liquid from pickles or lemon juice.
*Tip: Use high-quality mayonnaise.
Homemade Tartar Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3-4 pickles finely grated
- 1-2 garlic clove minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon white wine optional you can use 1 tbsp liquid from pickles
- salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving, so the flavors can meld.