This glazed Lemon Loaf Cake is delicious, lemony and perfectly moist!! And it stays moist for days. It’s bursting with fresh lemon flavor and easy lemon glaze on top, when hardens it gives that yummy crunchy texture. Love at the first bite.
I know there is A LOT of lemon cakes out there, but this is so good and I really wanted to share the recipe with you.
If you love lemon desserts than you have to try this Lemon Loaf Cake. For me this is the ultimate moist and delicious lemon loaf cake.
What you will need: lemons (zest and freshly squeezed juice), eggs, sugar, oil, melted butter, greek yogurt, all-purpose flour, vanilla, baking powder and a bit of salt. And for the glaze, lemon juice and powdered sugar.
A few tips to make this lemon cake:
- Always use freshly squeezed lemon juice for the best flavor.
- After approximately 30 minutes of baking, when the top is nicely browned, cover with aluminum foil to prevent burning.
- Always use toothpick or skewer stick to test the doness. Few moist crumbs are ok, there should be no liquid batter
- You can bake this cake in a bundt pan 22 cm in diameter (2 Liters / 8 cups bundt pan). Make sure to throughly grease and flour the pan and I always recommend to do this just before pouring the batter, to prevent grease sliding down the sides of the pan, to ensure your cake do not stick to the pan. Bake approximately 60 minutes. Do the toothpick/wooden skewer test for doneness.
- To ensure that the cake stays moist, keep at room temperature in covered container for up to 4 days.
Happy baking :),
- 100 ml (3.52 fl oz, ½ cup -1 Tbsp) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- finely grated zest of 2 lemons
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 250 grams (1¼ cup, 8.8 oz) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 100 grams (3.52 oz) greek yogurt, room temperature
- 100 ml (3.52 oz, ½ cup-1Tbsp) neutral oil (I used sunflower)
- 100 grams (3.52 oz, ½ cup-1Tbsp) butter, melted
- 300 grams (2⅓ cup, 10.58 oz) all-purpose flour
- 3 tespoons baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 120 grams (1 cup, 4.23 oz) powdered sugar
- 4-5 Tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F).
- Line 25x10 cm loaf pan (similar pan in inches is 9x5 in) with parchment paper.
- In a bowl add eggs, sugar and vanilla and with an electric mixer beat until pale and frothy.
- Add in oil, melted butter, lemon zest and greek yogurt and continue beating until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl whisk flour, baking powder and salt. Using a rubber spatula fold in dry ingredients into eggs mixture until combined, don't overmix.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan and bake 50-60 minutes or until tooth pick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. After approximately 30 minutes of baking, when the top is nicely browned, cover with aluminum foil to prevent burning.
- Leave it to cool slightly in the pan, then take it out and transfer to wire rack.
- For the glaze mix powdered sugar with lemon juice until smooth and lump free (the mixture shouldn't be too runny). Pour the glaze over the cake and leave it to cool.
- Keep in sealed container at room temperature up to 4 days.