Maple and pecan is a perfect fall combination, that really shines in this buttery, moist and tender Maple Pecan Bundt Cake, glazed with simple rum glaze. Yup, maple syrup is not only for pancakes, and this delicious bundt cake proves it.
We are all maple lovers is this house, so it was time I made something with maple, instead only maple drenched pancakes. And when I finally found pecans in my local grocery store, the choice what to bake fell on combination of maple and pecans, and really best decision what to bake this fall. This cake is moist, buttery and tender, just like eating pancakes with a hint of crunchy pecans inside. Such a great combination. After first bite, I instantlly fell in love with this one, it’s probably the best cake I’ve baked this fall (along with Apple cider cake). Yes, I’m still struggling to decide which one is better.
This is really easy, fuss free cake, you need just two bowls, one for dry and another one for wet ingredients.
WHAT INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED?
- real maple syrup
- plain yogurt
- light brown sugar
- unsalted butter
- all-purpose flour
- vanilla extract
- pecan halves, chopped
HOW TO PREPARE MAPLE PECAN BUNDT CAKE CAKE?
- Mix the dry ingredients.
- Mix the wet ingredients.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients.
- Pour it into a greased and floured bundt cake pan and spread evenly.
- Bake and cool the cake.
- Make the glaze.
- Spoon the glaze over the cake and enjoy!
HOW TO STORE MAPLE PECAN BUNDT CAKE?
Store, unsliced, wraped in plastic foil or inside an airtigh container at room temperature for several days or freeze wraped tightly in a foil and inside freezer-safe container for up to 3 months.
Using a pastry brush, grease the bundt pan thoroughly with softened shortening or butter, be sure to brush all its crevices and don’t forget the center tube. Spoon some flour in the pan, hold it over a sink, and tilt the pan in a circular motion in order to distribute the flour evenly. You may have to add a few spoonfuls of flour as you go to get the entire pan. Tap out the excess.
Do the grease and flour thing JUST BEFORE ADDING THE BATTER!
Spoon the batter into the pan, ensuring that all little crevices are full. Once all the batter is in, tap the pan firmly on the counter several times.
If the center does dome, use a clean dishcloth and gently press down on the domed center as soon as taking the cake out of the oven. If I forget to do that, I just cut the dome, using serrated knife, once the cake is cooled.
Let the cake rest at room temperature for approx 10 minutes after removing from the hot oven, then for another 5 minutes upside down on a rack.
→If you make this Maple Pecan Bundt Cake, please leave a comment, rate it and tag @mihaela_biteitquick on Instagram! I would love to see what you baked!
Maple Pecan Bundt Cake with Rum Glaze
- 23 cm bundt cake pan (9 cup)
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 250 grams (2 cups, 8.8 oz) all-purpose flour
- 25 grams (1/4 cup) cornstarch
- 150 grams (1/2 cup) real maple syrup
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 180 grams (3/4 cup, 6.35 oz) unsalted butter
- 240 grams (1 cup) plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 120 grams (1 cup) pecan halves chopped
- 120 grams (1 cup) powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark rum or 80 grams (1/4 cup) maple syrup.
- Heat oven to 180 °C (350°F).
- In large bowl, beat softened butter and brown sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy, 3-4 minutes. Add in eggs, one at the time, beating well after each addition. Add in vanilla and maple syrup, beat until incorporated.
- In medium bowl, mix flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt. Add flour mixture to butter mixture in 3 additions, alternating with yogurt (dry-wet-dry-wet-dry). Do not over mix! Using a rubber spatula gently fold in chopped pecans.
- Butter and flour bundt cake pan. Be sure to butter every inch of the bundt pan to prevent cake from sticking.
- Spoon batter into pan, spreading evenly with spatula. Bake 45-50 minutes or until edges are golden and wooden skewer inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan. Transfer to cooling rack to cool completely. Check the post above for few tips on baking bundt cakes!
- Make the glaze: Whisk powdered sugar and rum until smooth. Add more powdered sugar if you want your glaze thicker. Spoon glaze over cooled cake. If you're not into rum, you can make simple maple glaze, which is also amazing. Instead of rum use 80 grams (1/4 cup) maple syrup.