I’m a big fan of fruit desserts, especially in the summer. I’m always looking for new ideas and recipes with fruit, especially those that include blueberries and strawberries.
Clafoutis is a typical French summer dessert, a type of baked custard. This recipe, however, is special, I’m not exaggerating when I say that you will fall in love with it after the first bite.
Traditionally, it is made with cherries, but you an use any kind of fruit, fresh or frozen.
I used here a combination of whole milk and coconut milk, and it turned out perfect! If you do not have coconut milk, use only milk.
- 2 cups (12 oz, 350 g) mixed berries, frozen or fresh, i.e.raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries...
- 5 eggs
- 1 tbsp (10 g, 0.35 oz) butter
- ⅞ cup (200 ml, 6.8 fl oz) whole milk
- ⅞ cup (200 ml, 6.8 fl oz) coconut milk
- ½ cup ( 100 ml, 3.9 fl oz ) heavy cream
- ¾ cup + 1tbsp (100 g, 3.5 oz) all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup (120 g, 4.2 oz) brown sugar
- confectioners sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190 °C).
- Grease the 8×8 inch baking pan.
- In a bowl of stand mixer or with a hand mixer, mix eggs and sugar until pale, add milk, coconut milk, heavy cream and flour and mix until incorporated.
- Pour mixture in a greased baking pan, spread frozen or fresh berries all over it, and bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until top is golden brown, puffy, and has a firm center that is fully set and that bounces back when lightly pressed. Let the clafoutis cool slightly before dusting with powdered sugar.
- Slice into pieces and serve semi-warm.
- Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container.