This no-bake chocolate cheesecake is a chocolate dream. Smooth and creamy, but not overly sweet with crunchy double chocolate chip cookie crust. Simple, yet delicious!
I love good baked cheesecake, but sometimes we don’t have time to make baked one, or just don’t feel like to turn on the oven. So this is when this delicious no-bake cheesecake comes in handy. Easy, 8 ingredients only and quick to put together, perfect for those chocolate cravings.
I decided to skip classic Oreo crust, instead I used store-bought Double Chocolate Chip cookies (like Chips Ahoy! Choco Chunky, you can also use classic chocolate chip cookies) and melted butter for the crust.
No-bake Chocolate Cheesecake
- 320 grams store-bought double chocolate chip cookies (like Chips Ahoy!) 11.3 oz
- 90 grams butter, melted 3.2 oz
- 450 grams mascarpone cheese 16 oz
- 230 grams cream cheese 8 oz
- 150 grams dark chocolate (60-70% cocoa solids) 5.3 oz
- 100 grams powdered sugar, divided 3.5 oz
- 250 ml heavy whipping cream 1 cup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder for dusting
- For the crust line the bottom of 23 cm (9 inch) springform pan with baking paper and lightly greasing the edges.
- Grind the cookies into a fine crumb using a food processor or blender. If you don't have one, use zip lock bag and rolling pin.
- In a small bowl, melt the butter in the microwave. Pour the melted butter over the cookie crumbs and stir until the crumbs are well coated.
- Transfer to the prepared pan and press crumbs into the bottom. Put in the freezer while making the filling.
- Chop the chocolate and melt in the microwave at 30 second intervals. In between, keep stirring. Alternatively, melt in a water bath on the stove. Allow to cool briefly.
- In a bowl, withe an electric mixer whip heavy cream until soft peaks, add half a powdered sugar halfway of mixing. Set aside.
- In another bowl, put in mascarpone and cream cheese and using an electric mixer, mix for a few minutes until light and fluffy. Then add in remaining powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined. Pour in the melted chocolate into the cheese mixture. Continue to mix until everything is well combined.
- Using a spatula gently fold whipped cream until everything it well combined. Pour the filling into crust and spread evenly. Chill in the fridge overnight or until fully set.
- Remove the cake from the refrigerator 15-20 minutes before serving to allow it to reach room temperature. Dust with cocoa powder.