With a simple digestive biscuit crust with addition of toasted coconut, creamy coconut cheesecake filling, and passionfruit topping, this simple No-bake Coconut Cheesecake is sure to please every member of your family. Perfect for summer days, but can be eaten any day of the year when you want to bring a little bit of sunshine and a tropical feeling into the darker months.
NO-BAKE COCONUT CHEESECAKE
I’m a big fan of coconut and an even bigger fan of cheesecake. And since I wanted to pair one of my favorite flavors with one of my favorite cakes, this is how this simple and refreshing recipe came about. It is ideal for hot summer days when you don’t want to turn on the oven. Just a few minutes with a few simple ingredients, no complicated techniques, no baking, and great taste – sometimes the best desserts are the simplest ones. Passion fruit syrup and toasted coconut chips on top, bring this cake to the next level.
HOW TO MAKE NO-BAKE COCONUT CHEESECAKE
Let’s gather all of the ingredients you need.
- digestive biscuits or graham crackers, crushed
- desiccated coconut, toasted
- granulated sugar
- unsalted butter
- cream cheese
- coconut cream, solid part of coconut milk. I used coconut milk from the tetrapak carton. I find it more flavorful than the one from the can.
- powdered gelatin or agar agar for a vegetarian option
- powdered sugar
- vanilla extract
- for the topping, passion fruit, lemon juice, and sugar
Firstly, make simple graham crackers coconut crust, by mixing crushed graham crackers, toasted desiccated coconut, sugar, and melted butter. Press it into a prepared springform pan, and refrigerate while making the filling.
For the filling, dissolve gelatin with the liquid part of the coconut milk, and let it stand for 10 minutes. Heat the mixture until gelatin dissolve, but do not boil. Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, coconut cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Add few tablespoons of cream cheese mixture to dissolved gelatin and mix until incorporated. Return everything to cream cheese mixture and mix well.
Pour the filling over prepared crust and refrigerate at least 6 hours, preferably overnight.
For the passion fruit topping, add passionfruit pulp, sugar, and lemon juice into a small saucepan, and heat until sauce thickens about 3-4 minutes.
Release from the pan and serve with passionfruit syrup and toasted coconut chips.
HOW TO STORE THIS CHEESECAKE
As this no-bake coconut cheesecake is made with dairy products, it should be refrigerated as soon as it’s been made and eaten as soon as it’s out of the fridge. Store in an airtight container up to 3-4 days.
TIPS & TRICKS
I always suggest using a kitchen scale. If you don’t have one, buy it! They are cheap and you will always ensure the same results in baking.
This cheesecake requires gelatin or agar agar to properly set. I tried it without the gelatin, and it was too runny.
By toasting coconut, we achieve a more intense flavor, so don’t skip that part.
I advise you to use coconut cream from tetrapack carton if possible. If you don’t have access to it, use the one from the can with a minimum of 80% coconut. You will need 2 cans for 350 grams of cream. Put the cans/cartons in the fridge the day before, so that the milk separates from the cream because we only need the solid part (and only a few tablespoons of coconut milk) for this cake. Don’t throw away the rest of the milk, make a smoothie.
If using a bigger springform pan, 23 cm (9”) one, multiply all the ingredients by 1.5.
FOR MORE NO-BAKE DESSERTS CHECK THESE…
No-bake Oreo Cheesecake
Yogurt Raspberry Cake
No-bake Chocolate Cheesecake
→ If you make this No-bake Coconut Cheesecake please be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to also tag me on Instagram. I love seeing your creations.
No-bake Coconut Cheesecake
- 120 grams digestive biscuits or graham crackers (4.23 oz) crushed
- 40 grams desiccated coconut (1.41 oz, ½ cup) toasted for a more intense flavor
- 30 grams granulated sugar (2 TBSP, 1 oz)
- 50 grams melted butter (1.76 oz)
- 500 grams cream cheese (17.63 oz)
- 350 grams coconut cream (12.3 oz) read tips & tricks
- 10 grams ground gelatin (3 tsp) + 5 tablespoons of the liquid part of coconut milk, use agar agar for a vegetarian option
- 150 grams powdered sugar (5.3 oz, 1 ¼ cup)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Passion fruit syrup (optional)
- 3 passion fruit pulp
- 30 grams granulated sugar (2 TBSP, 1 oz)
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Line the bottom of the 20 cm (8'') springform pan with baking paper (read the tips&trick for a larger pan).
- Put the desiccated coconut into a pan and over medium heat, stirring constantly, fry it until lightly browned, but be careful not to burn it.
- For the crust, mix crushed graham crackers, toasted desiccated coconut, sugar, and melted butter. Press it tightly into the bottom of a prepared springform pan, and refrigerate while making the filling.
- For the filling, place the gelatin and 5 tablespoons of coconut milk (liquid part) in a small saucepan. Let it stand for about 10 minutes.
- Slowly heat the mixture until the gelatin is completely dissolved, but be careful not to boil.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, coconut cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Add few tablespoons of cream cheese mixture to dissolved gelatin and mix until incorporated. Return everything to cream cheese mixture and mix well.
- Pour the filling over prepared crust and refrigerate at least 6 hours, preferably overnight.
- For the passion fruit topping, add passionfruit pulp, sugar, and lemon juice into a small saucepan, and heat until sauce thickens about 3-4 minutes.
- Release from the pan and serve with passionfruit syrup and toasted coconut chips.
- Please, read the tips&tricks section in a post above.
- Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Leave a Reply