This is my version of no-bake „zebra“ layer cake. Mascarpone, coconut and white chocolate cream with raspberry jam and chocolate cookies as “cake” layers. Simple, easy and delicious!!!
This is really a light cake (we don’t talk about calories here 😀 ) with a whipped heavy cream in combination with mascarpone, desiccated coconut and white chocolate with a hint of raspberry jam. As a „cake layers“ I used chocolate petit beurre cookies, but chocolate graham crackers would work just fine.
I am not a fan of overly sweet desserts, so I just put 2 tablespoons of icing sugar into a cream (since we use a jam, which is sweet enough by itself, and the cream is already sweetened with white chocolate), but feel free to add as much sugar as you prefer if you have a sweet tooth.
This is a no-bake cake, but keep in mind that it still needs some resting time in the fridge, preferably overnight, so that gelatin hardens and cookies/crackers soften.
- 300 grams, chocolate petit beurre cookies or chocolate graham crackers, approx. (10.6 oz)* NOTE 2.
- 500 grams heavy cream, (2 cups)
- 250 grams, mascarpone cheese, 1 cup
- 80 grams white chocolate or chocolate chips, (2.9 oz)
- 80 grams + 2 tablespoons unsweetened desiccated coconut, divided
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar *NOTE 3.
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons raspberry jam *NOTE 4.
- 2 teaspoon powdered gelatin + 4 tablespoons of water
- Line 20x20 cm (8 inch) square baking pan with baking paper.
- In a small bowl dissolve gelatin in 4 tablespoons of water and set aside.
- In a small saucepan or microwave oven heat approximately 100 ml (1/3 cup + 1 tbsp) of heavy cream until bubbly, add chopped with chocolate, and dissolved gelatin. Allow to sit a few minutes then whisk until you get a smooth, lump-free mixture. Leave to slightly cool. The mixture should be warm, but not hot!
- In the meantime, with an electric mixer whip the rest of heavy cream until soft peaks form.
- In a separate bowl mix mascarpone, sugar, and vanilla extract. In a bowl with whipped heavy cream add slightly cooled chocolate mixture and mascarpone mixture and mix at low speed until incorporated. Using a spatula fold in 80 grams of desiccated coconut.
- On the bottom of prepared pan line chocolate cookies/graham crackers (cut them if needed to fit from the edge to the edge of the baking pan). Then spread 1-2 tablespoons of raspberry jam and spread 1/3 of cream. Repeat 2 more times, make sure that the top layer is cream. Sprinkle with the rest of the desiccated coconut.
- Put in the refrigerator to set, for at least 5 hours, preferably overnight.
NOTE 1. I always suggest using kitchen scale to get accurate weight.
NOTE 2. Petit buerre cookies and graham crackers might not weight the same, so use as many as you need to line 3 layers
NOTE 3. You can add more or less sugar, depending on your taste, but keep in mind that cream is already sweetened by white chocolate and that we are using jam (which is sweet by itself)
NOTE 4. Per layer add as many jam as you need to generously cover the cookies/crackers
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 404Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 79mgSodium: 162mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 21gProtein: 4g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.