If you share my love for anything made with strawberries, then these strawberry dumplings are exactly what you need to try. Perfectly crisp tops with soft and gooey inside.
It is not a secret that my favorite fruit is strawberry. And I am always in search for recipes with strawberries, so when I’ve found Strawberry Dumplings recipe by Vera from Omg Chocolate Desserts, I was thrilled to try it, and it was a fantasy on a plate. Perfectly crisp tops with soft, gooey strawberry filling inside. Divine!
The only problem was, she uses crescent rolls dough in her recipe, and unfortunately, there is no store-bought crescent rolls dough in Croatia, and there was no way I’ll make homemade since it takes to much time. So I tried with Croissant dough, which can be bought in every grocery store here. And I was not disappointed. Ok, maybe a little because, dumplings perfectly puff during baking and few minutes after you take them from the oven they simply deflate…. :(. But never mind, as I wrote above they taste divine.
- 1 package Croissant dough or 1 can (8 oz) crescent rolls
- 120 grams butter (1 stick)
- 150 grams brown sugar (3/4 cup; 5.3 oz)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 125 ml lemon soda (1/2 cup) such as Sprite or Mountain Dew
- 200 grams fresh strawberries (around 1 cup) diced
- Preheat oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- Butter a baking pan, and roll diced strawberries in crescent or croissant roll and place them in prepared baking dish.
- Melt butter over medium-low heat, add sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and lemon juice. Remove from heat and pour over dumplings.
- Pour lemon soda in the middle and along the edges of a pan BUT not over dumplings.
- Depend on what type of dough you use, bake from 20 minutes (Croissants dough) to 35 minutes(Crescent rolls) or until they become golden brown.
- Serve warm, alone or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Leave a Reply