Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Sauce Pasta
This is the hands-down one of the best and the simplest sauce I've ever made. Perfectly creamy, full of flavor, and utterly delicious.
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 jar roasted red peppers (400 grams, 16 oz) drained and chopped
- 250 ml chicken or vegetable stock (1 cup)
- 150 grams crumbled feta cheese (1 1/4 cup)
- 500 grams spaghetti or tagliatelle (around 16 oz package)
- salt and pepper to taste
- a handful of basil leaves chopped, divided
Heat the oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
Saute onion until soft, about 5-7 minutes.
Add garlic and cook until fragrant, around 30 seconds.
Add chopped roasted peppers and half of the chopped basil leaves and saute for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Place mixture in the bowl of a food processor with stock and all but 2 tablespoons of the feta. Process until combined and smooth, about 30 seconds.
Cook pasta according to package directions. Toss pasta with sauce, season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Sprinkle with remaining feta cheese and chopped basil leaves.