Lemonade is my favorite summer drink. And this light and refreshing homemade lemonade flavored with blueberries is just what you need for hot summer days!
I’m so happy because my two blueberry bushes are full of blueberries, yet they are still green, and can not be eaten, but I can not wait for them to ripe. I found a perfect spot in my garden to plant those, and I have in plan next spring to plant at least 5 more bushes.
Summer has not officially started here in Croatia, but with sunny weather temperature already rises to 26-27 degrees Celsius. Warm weather means that we can finally enjoy ice creams and cold drinks such as this amazingly tasty lemonade – the perfect balance of sweet and tart. It is made with an easy blueberry simple syrup, with the addition of freshly squeezed lemon juice, water, and ice. And what is the best you can control how much sugar you put in, depending on your taste.
- 250 grams blueberries (2 cups)
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- 200 grams sugar (1 cup)
- 4 cups cold water
- lemon slices and extra blueberries to serve
- Place the sugar and 1 cup water in small sauce pan and cook on medium high heat for until sugar dissolves. And blueberries and cook for another 3-4 minutes until blueberries are soft.
- Mash blueberries with potato masher and strain whole mixture through fine sieve or cheese cloth and let it cool.
- In a large pitcher combine blueberry syrup, lemon juice and 4 cups water. Add more water if it's too sweet. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Serve with ice, lemon slices and blueberries.