If you like French Toast for breakfast, then you should try this one with caramelized bananas and chocolate sauce over it.
I’m a big fan of French toast. I’m always looking for new recipes, the most for those which including fruit. I love bananas. In my cake, in my fruit salad and now in my french toast.
If you like baked french toast, the you should try this Overnight French Toast Bake.
Recipe adapted from Ricardo Cuisine.com.
- French Toast
- 8 slices day-old white bread
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cup, 12.7 fl oz) milk
- 60 grams ( 1/4 cup, 2.10 oz) granulated sugar
- 60 grams (1/4 cup, 2.10 oz) butter
- Caramelized Bananas
- 4 bananas
- 115 grams (1/2 cup, 4 oz) sugar
- 30 ml ( 2 tablespoons) water
- Chocolate Sauce
- 115 grams (4 oz) semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) heavy cream
- Cut each banana into two sections and then in half lengthwise.
- In a non-stick skillet, melt sugar and water and cook until golden brown. Add bananas and coat with caramel. Remove from heat. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk and sugar.
- Spread banana mixture on four slices of bread and cover with remaining bread slices. Dip each sandwich, one at a time, into egg mixture, letting them soak thoroughly.
- In a large skillet melt butter and brown sandwiches on both sides. Cut each sandwich in half diagonally. Drizzle with chocolate sauce.
- In a small saucepan heat heavy cream until hot. Add chocolate and mix until smooth.