Cookies and cream cheese truffles are easy, no-bake dessert, which requires only a few basic ingredients. And some kind of truffles is a must on holiday cookie platters!
This is a kind of sweets for lazy days :). One of the easiest sweet treats, requires no baking experience (maybe because they are no-bake dessert :)), made with minimal effort in blink of an eye. And these are soooo good that they disappear in a blink of an eye and end in your hips as a pound or two extra.
What you will need?
Cream cheese, some kind of butter cookies (petit buerre, digestive, plasza) or graham crackers, powdered sugar, vanilla, a splash of milk or heavy cream and melted chocolate for dipping. And they can not be simplest, mix everything in one bowl, chill for an hour or so, and roll into a ball.
And all is about imagination, so you can add some kind of liqueur, or rum, or brandy, any flavoring you like. You don’t have to dip them in melted chocolate, roll them in powdered sugar, cocoa, ground nuts, ground cookies, desiccated coconut… Whatever you like. So many possibilities.
Cookies I used: Plazma Cookies.
Cookies and cream cheese truffles
- 300 grams ground butter cookies (3 1/2 cup, 10.5 oz) petit buerre, digestive, plazma or graham crackers
- 30 grams powdered sugar (1/4 cup, 1.05 oz) or more, depending what kind of cookies you use
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 200 grams cream cheese (7.05)
- 3-4 Tablespoons heavy cream or milk
- 250 grams semi-sweet or dark chocolate (8.8 oz)
- Finely ground cookies or graham crackers in a food processor or using a ziplock bag and rolling pin.
- Place the ground cookies in a bowl with the cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, and heavy cream. Using an electric mixer or your hands, mix into a smooth dough. If it is still dry add one Tbsp milk or heavy cream at a time. Chill at least for 1-2 hours.
- With a cookies scoop or with your hands, scoop about 1 Tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball.
- Melt the chocolate in a water bath or microwave in intervals of 15 seconds.
- Dip every ball into melted chocolate and then place it on a wax paper-lined cookie sheet. Sprinkle with colorful sprinkles. Chill to set, about 10-20 minutes.