This is the hands-down one of the best and the simplest sauce I’ve ever made. Perfectly creamy, full of flavor, and utterly delicious.
I am obsessed with simple dishes. I often say the simplest the better. Only a few ingredients, few mins of prep time and around 15-20 minutes of cooking and you got yourself an extremely delicious meal. Perfect for busy weeknights or meatless Monday.
I remember the first time I made this dish. It was way back in 2014. And I remember my hubby’s reaction when he took the first bite – “this is so fu….beep delicious”.
I made a full bowl that would feed at least 4 people, and we two cleaned the whole bowl alone. Yup, this is so good!!!
What you need: a jar of roasted red peppers, feta cheese, onion, garlic, stock or broth, olive oil, basil leaves, and pasta.
Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Sauce Pasta
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 jar roasted red peppers (400 grams, 16 oz) drained and chopped
- 250 ml chicken or vegetable stock (1 cup)
- 150 grams crumbled feta cheese (1 1/4 cup)
- 500 grams spaghetti or tagliatelle (around 16 oz package)
- salt and pepper to taste
- a handful of basil leaves chopped, divided
- Heat the oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- Saute onion until soft, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, around 30 seconds.
- Add chopped roasted peppers and half of the chopped basil leaves and saute for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Place mixture in the bowl of a food processor with stock and all but 2 tablespoons of the feta. Process until combined and smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Toss pasta with sauce, season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Sprinkle with remaining feta cheese and chopped basil leaves.