Some kind of snowballs cookies are must-have for the Christmas holidays, so why not try this one? The ingredients for this chocolaty-nutty-sweet Christmas cookies probably everyone has at home, they are made fast and delicious.
Well, my plan has failed again… I haven’t posted as many cookies recipes as I wanted before Christmas, life is hectic out here. But still, holidays are in full swing, and we have still had to bake some cookies/cakes for New Year’s Eve, ’cause everything I baked for Christmas is already gone.
Chocolate Snowballs Cookies
- 70 grams 2.46 oz high-quality dark chocolate, ground/grated
- 250 grams 2 cups; 8.8 oz all-purpose flour
- 100 grams 7/8 cup; i3.52 oz ground almonds
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 200 grams 7/8 cup; 7.05 oz butter, softened
- 100 grams 3/4 cup; 3.52 oz powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee + 2 tbsp water or 2 tablespoons rum
- more powdered sugar for sprinkling
- In a bowl mix ground/grated dark chocolate, flour, ground almonds, and cocoa powder.
- Cream the butter and gradually add powdered sugar. Then add either 2 teaspoons instant coffee dissolved in 2 tbsp of water or 2 tablespoons of rum, and continue mixing until fully incorporated into the butter. Add the flour-chocolate mixture and knead with hands to a smooth dough. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 160 °C (325 °F) and cover a baking tray with baking paper.
- From the chilled dough, with a little pressure, shape walnut-sized balls and place them on the baking tray.
- Bake cookies around 12-15 minutes, allow them to cool a bit (when they are hot, they are fragile), and sprinkle them with powdered sugar.
Recipe adapted from MerkurMarkt Blog.