No matter this Mango Lemonade is a summer drink, it is so delicious, you’ll want to drink it all year round. Well, I drink it, and it’s December :).
I love to add mango in my breakfast smoothies, not only it is one of the best tropical fruit, it has also tons of vitamins. So I often buy them at my local grocery store. Last week I bought 2 of them, one was eaten the same day, and I totally forgot about the other one. Although it was a little overripe, I decided to make this delicious Mango Lemonade, the drink we’ve drunk the whole summer.
Fresh Mango Lemonade
- 1 Mango peeled and chopped
- 50 grams granulated sugar (1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 cups cold water divided
- For the simple syrup, in a small saucepan over high heat combine sugar and 1/2 cup of water, bring to a boil. Cook until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- In a blender, combine mango chunks, lemon juice, and remaining water and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a pitcher (use a strainer if you don't like bits of pulp in your drink) and add simple syrup.
- Mix well. Add more water if you like.
- Serve over ice (if it's hot outside). Garnish with mint leaves and lemon slices.