This no-bake Oreo Cheesecake is smooth and creamy cheesecake loaded with chunks of Oreo cookies – it’s the perfect cheesecake recipe and it’s so easy to make with only 7 ingredients!!!
I love no-bake desserts. I mostly make them over the week, when I don’t have time for some “complicated” cakes. Especially when I shoot my cakes for blog purposes, I like to photograph my cakes on the same day, especially if they are sponge cakes, because somehow my cakes look slightly different when they stay overnight, they do not look so fresh. But that is not a problem with no-bake cakes, I mix them in the evening, photograph them in the morning, and enjoy after lunch (and for breakfast too, after shooting 🙂 ).
No-bake cheesecake is one of my favorite cakes to make because it’s fast, easy, and it works every time. The crust is made with cookie parts of Oreo cookies (white parts are in the filling) and melted butter. The filling is simple and it is made with six ingredients. Cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, heavy cream, white parts of Oreo cookies, and a little bit of gelatin. I used gelatin because I like my cake to be firm, but it still retains its fine creamy texture. Recipe work without gelatin too, cream cheese is hard enough for the cake to be firm, but when it stands on room temperature it gets too soft. ( If using without gelatin, you will need to melt white parts of Oreo cookies, and use powdered sugar)
The cake is completely made without baking, but if you want to be sure your crust is hard and firm, you can bake it for 10 minutes in 180 C (350 F), but it is not necessary as long as you really press your crust into a baking pan.
Since I used ground gelatin, you will need to turn on the stove for a few minutes to warm up the filling and activate gelatin. But all in all, this recipe is really simple and very, very delicious.
These are simple 7 ingredients you will need: Oreo cookies, butter, cream cheese, heavy cream, vanilla, sugar, and gelatin (+ 3 tablespoons of water).
No-bake Oreo Cheesecake
- 28 Oreo cookies just cookie part, white parts go in the filling
- 75 grams butter (1/3 cup, 2.65 oz)melted
- 500 grams cream cheese (17.6 oz)
- 100 grams granulated sugar (1/2 cup. 3.52 oz)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or 1 sachet bourbon vanilla sugar -10 grams
- 500 ml heavy cream (2 cups+1 Tbsp)
- white parts from Oreo cookies
- 10 grams ground gelatin (3 teaspoons) + 3 tablespoons water
- 12 Oreo cookies roughly chopped
- Cover the bottom of the 24 cm (9 inch) springform pan with parchment paper.
- With a small knife separate the cream from the cookies.
- Place the cookies into a plastic bag and using a rolling pin crush them into fine crumbs. Set aside 5 Tablespoons (that we will use for sprinkling the cake).
- Melt the butter and mix it with crushed cookies until the texture is like slightly wet sand. Press the cookie crumbs in an even layer into prepared springform pan. Put it in the fridge until you make the filling.
- Dissolve gelatin in 3 Tablespoons of water.
- In a medium pot add cream cheese, sugar, the cream from the cookies and vanilla extract, and put it over low heat, stirring constantly until the mixture is lump-free. Add gelatin and stir constantly until the mixture starts to bubble slightly. Remove from heat. Let it cool. I like to transfer my filling to another bowl to cool down faster.
- Pour heavy cream into a bowl and using electric mixer beat until stiff peaks form. Mix in the cooled cream cheese mixture (mixture can be warm, but not hot). Using a rubber spatula fold in chopped Oreo cookies.
- Pour the mixture over the cookie crust in the springform pan. Using a spatula smooth the top.
- Sift the saved cookie crumbs on top of the cheesecake in an even layer.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.