Strawberry season is over 🙁
In supermarkets, strawberries are almost gone, but I managed to get two containers on the way home from a holiday on the Adriatic coast. In Croatia, it is common, that on the rest stops on the highway, people are selling domestic/organic/homemade products, and I’m grateful for that, because I always come across something I want.
The first container of strawberries we’ve eaten fresh with Nutella – yummy, and the second I decided to spend on this mouthwatering and a simple dessert. Golden, crisp top layer with fluffy underside and sweet, gooey fruit – the best dessert ever. Cobblers are so easy to throw together, you probably always have all the ingredients at home, you can just change the fruit ( fresh or frozen).
- 500 grams fresh strawberries (17.5 oz) diced
- 350 grams granulated sugar ( 1 3/4 cup) divided
- 125 grams all-purpose flour (1 cup, 4.4 oz)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 240 ml milk (1 cup)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 120 grams unsalted butter (1/2 cup, 4.2) melted
- Preheat oven to 375 °F (190 °C)
- In a bowl, add strawberries and 150 grams of sugar. Stir and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and rest of the sugar. Add in milk, vanilla extract, and melted butter. Stir until combined.
- Grease a 9 inch (22 cm) baking dish. Pour batter evenly into dish.
- Spoon strawberries evenly on top of batter. Do not stir.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden. Serve warm ( with ice cream) or cold.
Leave a Reply