Temperature is rising here again. We had a few cooler days with a little rain, but summer is back to its full splendor. I must admit that we do not have A/C in our house ( yeah…I know). So it can be a little bit warm (read HOT) in my living area.
But the only reason we do not own A/C is that I’m really sensitive to cold. I don’t even turn on A/C in my car, because the next day I would wake up with a sore throat and runny nose. And I hate to have a cold in the middle of the summer.
On Pinterest I have seen many ideas for refreshing drinks, slush types, so why not make my own version. Strawberries are my favorite summer fruit and I always have at least one container in my fridge. But you can substitute strawberries for any kind of other berries and adapt this recipe to your liking.
Strawberry Lemonade Slushie
- 3/4 cup sugar more if you like it sweeter
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 2 cups water
- 2 cup ice cubes
- water or carbonated water
- First, make a simple syrup. In a small saucepan add sugar and pour 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil and cook until sugar is fully diluted. Set aside and let it cool.
- In a blender add cooled simple syrup, lemon juice, strawberries, water, and ice cubes and blend until fully incorporated.
- Pour mixture into a freezer container and freeze for at least 6-8 hours.
- When you are ready to serve, remove from freezer and let stand at room temperature 1 hour before serving.
- Divide into cups, pour a little bit of water or carbonated water, and garnish with fresh strawberry and a slice of lemon.